Mar 31, 2004

I had my days of being svelte.

As you get older, it gets harder and harder to hold onto those days. It takes a lot of work to be thin or a grudging acceptance of the way things are, a young body processes things differently than an older body.

So, what I was trying to get at was that, yeah, if I put in the time and had a little discipline I could probably lose some weight. If anything, it would be a good idea to do it.

In the meantime, there are certain things I just won’t wear. I don’t buy into the ‘flab in skintight’ look - it’s not flattering and truthfully it gives one a resemblance to certain pork products. When I see those stretch pants wrapped tightly around a large derriĆ©re in a local store, the only thing I can think of is the pants should come with that ‘wide load’ symbol you see on some trucks on the highway - that and maybe a red flag placed in each pocket.

So, yesterday when I saw the picture below in the paper, I was thinking to myself that there’s a real predisposition for ballooning here. Also, some people shouldn’t wear certain outfits.



Didn’t Liz Taylor travel down this road?

No comments: